Monday, June 30, 2014

Quillabamba 6.30.14

This week... I think that we walked a lot. It may sound odd that this is the first thing that comes to my mind, but we really did walk a lot.  The second councilor in the branch lives about 30 minutes off into the "jungle" ( not really jungle but junglely mountain) to the east of our house. It takes us up on a dirt road that is mostly used by little moto taxis, or if you have a little more money, small pick up trucks... all of which fly by breaking the non-existant speed limit and leaving us in a crazy dust cloud. But inspite of all that, we really love the walk because it gives us time to chat as a companionship... something that has really benefited elder Villa and I. 

We had one particular talk as we were walking that road this week. I was feeling a strong need  to talk to him, but wasn´t sure when the moment would present itself. When we are in the city, there are usually many people to talk with... in other words, places to go and people to see, and there are few oportunities for the type of conversation that we needed to have. 

My companion is a very good person, but has had some difficulties over the whole course of his mission... many of which we are still trying to work on.  I wanted to get to the root of all of that to help him to see the way ought of his dilema... especially before he ends his mission (we end together)  

I won´t speak of details, but I learned a really important lesson this week. We absolutely can never know the real intents or feelings that someone hold is their hearts. Only the Lord knows those things and that is why he asks us to leave the judgement to him and not to ourselves... that is why he asks us to take the beam out of our eye before we even consider worrying about the little sliver that is in our neighbor´s eye. I love the line from the hymn lord, I would follow thee. " in the quiet heart is hidden, sorrow that the eye can´t see".  

I was able to gain a real love for my companion because I choose to think of how he felt.... it doesn´t mean that we need to find disobedience as acceptable behavior, but we can learn to love another and that gives us the opportunity to minister to others as Christ would do it. 

Sorry, I know that was perhaps, unspecific, but for me it was the most significant thing that I learned this week. 

here are the photos! 

the leaves and the tree.... are the "coca" leaf... . (they make cocaine out of that.... but only bad people here they just chew on it.... which isn´t that great either but its not asbad) 

My favorite super-glue.... glory to God super glue.... 



No comments: