Saturday, March 22, 2014

CUSCO 3.22.14

 I know you were all waiting for me to send you an email today..... HERE IT IS!!!!


We have had a wonderful week here. Some administrative work and other things, but mostly we have had the opportunity to work hard in our sector. (Which is always a great relief considering the amount of time that we spend far away, we take advantage of any moment we can get in the sector.)


We are visiting a less active lady and her daughter, Elena and Gabriela. They live in the poorer part of our sector (up on the mountain) and we often pass by to visit and teach them when we have appointments for that part of town.


Quite frankly, they wouldn´t be less actives if it wasn´t for their difficult economic situation. I can´t say that I understand all of their problems, but it has been difficult for us to find a way for them to make it to church when only Elena works and Gabriela studies. I couldn´t say that their disposition is the problem,every week they lament the fact that they can´t make it to the church and we feel like their comments are sincere, however it they just couldn´t find a way to work out the mother´s difficult work schedule (she cleans up garbage from 3 AM to 12 PM in the plaza de armas and surounding streets).


Well yesterday we went and did service in her home. When we finished, she sat us down and offered us some "queso and choclo" (look that one up). And then spilled the beans telling us that she was soon going to have her day off... SUNDAYS! We were pretty excited. It is good to see the Lord´s hands in helping people keep his commandments when they really desire it.


I love to hear about the things that you are doing at home. Thank you for all of the updates. I want you to know that I pray for all of you every night! Thank you for the love that you have for me and for the Lord´s work. I am so grateful for this time that I can serve as a missionary.


Expect my next mail next monday. Love you all soo much!


Elder Neff

No comments: