Monday, January 7, 2013

Izcuchaca 1.7.13


Hello Fam! Well I have had an amazing week and it all ended with a serious BANG! So excited to tell you all about it.

First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR! I wish you all the best and here we begin my complete year in the mission. Ay chay chou (wow!) a whole year in Peru! Couldnt be happier to be here. Our new years eve was nice and tranquilo... until 12 at night when the fire works started and from then on drunk people were yelling all night in the streets! But dont worry as you all know i sleep like a piedra so it didnt bother me too much.

This week we focused a lot on the rest of the family Baca, Sixta y George. I must say though that it was not difficult, I have never met people more prepared to recieve the gospel of Jesus Christ. They never faltered once in their desires and it was so cool to see their conversion from the beginning.

As you can see from the pictures (if you havent looked at them yet refer to them now.) President Baptized with us! He baptized Sixta and I had the chance to baptize George. It was pretty great to have him there in the service and, yes, I got to snap a photo with president in ropa blanca... Legend Status!

The best part of the service, however, was when my friend George bore his testimony about his experience being baptized in the church. He began to cry and say "I love to learn of Jesus Christ, and am so happy to now be part of such a beautiful church." It brought tears to my eyes! This is what misionary work is all about.

Well... I have a change.... but i know that none of you were thinking about what was going to come next. I am going to TRAIN this change! four and a half months in the field and its my turn. AND they are only changing me to izcuchaca 1.... again. Well it looks like i will have spent, at least seven and a half months in izcuchaca... home sweet home :) Elder Ferman is training too! Its gonna be a blast.
 
 
 
I love you all! until nxt week

Elder Neff


 

 

No comments: