Thursday, May 15, 2014

QUILLABAMBA 5.12.14

Wow, I had a great time talking to all of you yesterday! I can hardly believe that it is the last one.... You`ve all given me that extra push to help me finish strong! Thank you Thank you. 

We had some very good things happen this week. I love to see how people progress in the gospel. Carlos (our less-active returned missionary) has quit his night time security job! He is now a little busier in the daytime working as a trainer in the gym where he lives, but we are seeing the good changes that are coming about as he sets aside the things of the world and comes back to Christ! 

We also had a very interesting lesson with an investigator. Jorge is a reference from the ward secretary. Jorge is studying agricultural engineering with an emphasis in tropical fruits, interesting right? Coincidentaly,l his religious beliefs are almost as diverse (and odd) as his career choice. We began the lesson by explaining who we are and what we do using the "how to begin teaching " points from Preach my Gospel. He then came out telling us that, he doesn`t need to search for the truth because the Lord said in Mathew 18:20 "where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I will be in the midst of them." I felt bad. I have heard something similar many times on my mission, and really it is a cheap excuse to not take the personal responsability to search for the truth. I love that concept, searching for the truth! The restored church is based on the principle of continued revelation, and the Lord taught the same principle when he said you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. 

The spirit was with us, and his friend was able to bear a powerful testimony about his conversion story, and it must have had an affect on Jorge because he accepted the invitation to pray to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet, and he even consented to chance his form of prayer to be in harmony with the Lord`s teaching to ask in the name of Christ. 

I`ve attached some photos of some interesting things this week! Holy cow that was so much food I almost DIED! Literally DIED. That is Oven cooked pasta, potatoes, sweet potatoes, chicken, duck, cuy and oven cooked banana. And that is an animal that my branch president caught in his back yard! (I have no idea what it is called....) 

Love you all! Elder Neff

No comments: