Friday, October 11, 2013

CUSCO 10.5.13

Mom and Dad, I am a little tired. We just got back from a work visit to Ollantaytambo, which is about an hour and a half from where I am serving right now in Cusco. We went to go and check on the Elders there and see how they were doing . 

Olllantaytambo is a little tourist town and is part of the valle sagrado zone. We went to go and get a feel for how the elders there are doing and how the work is going. When we got there I was really quite impressed with the elders, I couldn´t believe the amount of challenges that they were facing. Look it up on google earth, ollantaytambo is a little tourist town, that probably exceeds the population of actual inhabitants everyday the amount of tourists that come through to see the ruins or take the train to machu picchu. 

We went to the rescue! I hope that you have read the first presidency message for this month. It was a wonderful experience and we also found them a few new investigators, which is really difficult to do in such a small town. 

Earlier this week we went to Juliaca to have the zone conference and interviews with president. We were able to do a training mtg with the missionaries and it was such a great experience.... the interviews seem to be taking quite a long time with president harbertson as he is trying to get to know better the missionaries. We talked a lot about the importance of preach my gospel and how the missionareis should use it as a tool to help them be better prepared. We also talked a lot about ward council, and how it is the connecting moment between the missionaries and members to coordinate the work of salvation! 

I know that I am sending this right as conference is starting, I am about to go and watch it. I love you all so much! and hope that you have a wonderful conference experience! 

Love you

Elder Neff

No comments: