Thursday, August 22, 2013

CUSCO 8.22.13

Ok.... big confession. 

I did not tell you EVERYTHING that was going to happen this past week in my last email... the truth is that we something VERY exciting happen.....

About two weeks ago I was in the chapel where the mission office is located waiting to teach a lesson with a few missionaries in my zone ( they needed a little help) but as I was waiting for the investigator to arrive the missionary who is personal secretary to the president came and said that president wanted to talk to me. 

Uh oh

Mentirita! I wasn´t THAT scared... until I stepped into president´s office. He told me that he had a special announcment and that it particularly had to do with me. UH..... I had no idea what i was thinking at this point, one of my first thoughts was that they were going to open a remote sector somewhere off in the mountains and that he wanted me to go there... or emergency transfer... yada yada who knows. 

I was very surprised when he said that we were going to recieve a visit from a few general authorities..... A few? THREE. Elder Cook, Elder Calister, and Elder Wadell. 

" And Elder Neff, The assistants here tell me that you have a lot of musical experience."

"Thats right President" 

"Elder Cook has asked that there be a choir in the program, and I want you to organize it." 

"Ok, How much time do I have?" 

" The mtg is in 10 days."

"Ok"

...................................

Maybe that gives you an idea of how I felt in that moment. I knew I needed to say yes because there was no one else who could do it, but I had NEVER directed a choir in my whole life! And there were going to be three general authorities in theis mtg. I was at least a little nervous. 

Well faith always precedes the miracle, and that is exactly what happened. Faith + Sally Deford music and a quick translation from spanish to english of "oh my father" and we were good to go.

There were about 20 elders and 20 sisters in the choir. Well, it wasn´t perfect but the Elders and Sisters sang SO WONDERFULY. I was proud, and grateful that they were ready and willing to put something together under such short notice. 

Well enough about the choir, what did the general authorities say! Such wonderful messages, they all spoke and so did everyone of their wives. I felt such a strong spirit, and was particularly grateful for the Apostolic blessing the Elder cook left for us, he talked about all of our loved ones being blessed for our service as missionaries. Elder Calister talked about the apostasy and how important it is that we teach it as missionaries. Elder Wadell speaks very good spanish and bore a simple but powerful testimony. 

I think my spiritual batteries got recharged for the rest of my mission! 

Sorry I couldn´t write on monday, the mtg was that day so we were pretty busy. Mom I promise I am OK. I hope paige and john made it back to UT alright. 

Edna I write you in one week ok? ;) 

loves and bye! 

No comments: