Tuesday, June 18, 2013

SICUANI 6.17.13

Hey Family!

Feliz Dia Papa!  Happy Father’s Day Dad!  I hope that the waffles were delicious!  Also the waffle maker was totally not a lame gift!  Haha I would give an arm and a leg to have waffles right now…. But Peruvian breakfast can be quite delicious if you love avocado and fresh baked bread.  (I know that Paige’s mouth is watering right now hehe)

The weather is changing here in the mountains of Peru and also our animos!  We are really doing much better as a zone and I am so pleased with the way the elders are working and improving.

With respect to my investigators, we suffered a few let downs this week.  The parents of Percy have sort of lost their desires to be baptized.  For me this was VERY frustrating because I always have a lot of hope that a member referral is going to be baptized.  I think that I was perhaps a little too optimistic from the beginning with them because they have quite a few challenges to overcome… one of the biggest being illiteracy and a business that they run primarily on Sundays.

So now we are off to look even harder get more referrals from members that can lead to new investigators and baptisms. 

Sorry this week I had to do a lot of things in internet for the zone so sorry if my letter seems really short.  I also had to take a few photos of some of the sectors in the zone so here are a few pictures of the missionaries that are here working so hard here in sicuani.  Pray for them!

Love you all!  Take care and see you next week.


Elder Neff


No comments: