Monday, March 4, 2013

Sicuani 3.4.13


HOLY COWSTER!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!

(Note from Ami:  I am inserting the photos I sent to Sam of the baby so you will see what he saw.  Her name is Hazel Therese Brunt.  Born March 1, 2013.  8lbs 3oz. 21 1/2 inches long.  Really cute!)





She is the cutest little baby I have ever seen. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Happy for you and John! I am sitting here in the internet just smiling, showing all the missionaries pictures of my new niece... I think they think I am weird but I dont even care. Just so happy :)

MOM AND DAD you are now GRANDPARENTS..... oh my goodness you are practically OLD!  HAHahaha DAD I laughed so hard in your letter así es la vida de los abuelos.... ojala que la vida no sea tan aburrida. ;)

How could it be? Hazel is the cutest baby on the PLANET! So happy to be an uncle. I cant believe how our lives can change so fast... including the changes that happen here in the mission! Which are many. Excited to give you all an accounting of what happened this week. 

I am falling into the rythmn of being a zone leader, and honestly, I love the work that we do. I love being able to help the missionares with their challenges in the mission. This can mean anything from a work visit, to helping Elder Green (a north american from my group serving here in sicuani) to get medical treatment for GIARDIA! which you get when the panaikuna (sisters) dont boil the water or clean the chuño super well before you eat it :) 

I have had the opportunity to get a new look with respect to the "key indicators" That we use in the mission to help us measure our progress. Preach my Gospel and the missionary program is designed perfectly. I have to pass the goals that we achieved as a zone every week to the assistants and to president. They give me great advice, and some times burn me a little... hahah but it is all done with a spirit of love and i feel that they desire our progress and success as a zone. 

Well speaking of our investigators, we are preparing a couple to be MARRIED and BAPTIZED! Couldn´t be more excited. We need to take out their birth certificates and a few other things, for that we are going to travel one hour to their pueblo where they have herds of ALPACA! Get ready for some stellar photos in the week to come! 

The work with less actives here ward vilcanota has been especially rewarding. I love working with the youth! they are so powerful when you help them to get motivated. Funny story, there is quite a beer culture here in peru. One day we finished a lesson with a less active family and we were drinking soda. (inca cola obvi.... delicious.... I am going to cry when i get back to the states and we dont have it.) speaking of the beer culture, the kids began to make jokes and pretend to pour a little of their soda on the ground for their "dead compadres" well, they asked me how to say it in english... so i told them to say " this one´s for my homies" (dont ask me how i know that i have never drank in my life!) It was hilarious as all of them started to pour out their soda and say "dis wan es para mis HOMIES!" I was dying it was so funny. 

Well, who wants to know about my new companion! His name is elder Calderón, (no he isnt the son of president) But everyone always calls president "chicha" (a drink made from corn) sooooo we like to call my companion Chichita (little chicha) He was born in lima, but moved to rosario Argentina when he was 8 years old. He is DA BOMB! To be honest, I think that he has been my favorite companion yet. There are a few pictures of us.... one of them is him angry taking the key indicators... OH! and the pictures of the food should be interesting. Maybe you know what Bistec mondato is? It is a peruvian dish that is made with arroz, a thin beef steak, and an egg "montado"   over the bistec..... Well.... one day we had to cook for ourselves.... so I have made a new invention......................BISTEC MONTASO!!!!!!!!! arroz, bistec, huevo, salsa de tallarin, papas fritas, platano frito y ensalada de palta.......... It was DELICIOUS! and then i almost had an infarto. (Note from Ami:  We looked this up.  It means "heart attack"  FYI. )

Well the time is running short. Oh! but i forget to include something. I want to congratulate my BF Sarah P. on her mission call! Bahia Blanca! That may be the coolest thing i have ever heard :) I was waiting anxiously to hear about it too. Excited to get a real letter and hear about it soon! (my comp says it is a pretty place and that it is mostly Pampa! And that you are going to love it.) Careful with maté, all the missionaries from argentina say you get addicted! 

Family i love you all sooo much, I hope all is going super well (kiss hazel for me.) Eden thank you for writing me i am sending you a letter this week ;)

Elder Neff







No comments: