Friday, July 20, 2012

July 20, 2012

Wow hello family! I have a lot of awesome things to tell you this week, you all better be excited.
Ok I'll give you a little update about my ojo. Dad thank you for your letter, it helped me so much this week. I just returned from the doctor about 3 hours ago. We have the go ahead to send me to PERU! HALLELUJA! I am so excited and so happy that I get this opportunity, the Lord is surely sending a LOT of blessings my way. In terms of what dr meyers thinks will happen with my eye. He says that all-in-all it looks like it is on the right track to an excellent recovery. I am still pretty light sensitive because my pupil will take some time to heal. Right now, we really don't know how long that will be, or how much my pupil will be able to dialate in the future. BUT, he is confident that it won't be too bothersome, and I have felt pretty good about it, so I think that everything is going to be just peachy. (Which is good because Cusco is kinda bright from what I hear!) The only thing we need to watch out for is a possible glaucoma, which he says is not likely at all, and if I do end up having anything like that, the opthamology in Lima is sufficient to get me some help. Honestly though, that isn't going to happen so everyone back home stop worrying your pretty little heads and lets talk about some exciting things!
I feel bad that I haven't even been able to express just how FUN this entire experience in Provo has been, both spiritually and just plain entertaining. My district is full of the most hilarious people! I want everyone to get a little taste of that so I am sending home pictures and videos (hopefully the SD card doesn't fall out of the envelope like last time, I have lost all of my faith in the United STates Postal Service). These people are some of the funniest people I have ever met! I think I will remain very good friends with many of them, even though we have only known each other for a few weeks. (Please include the pictures and videos to the blog if you can! Then send me the SD card, don't worry i still have another one) MANY people took a picture of my eye when it was in its bad state as well, so at some point we can get those on the blog and everyone can get a looksy at those :)
Next, thank you EVERYONE! For the things you have sent me, I am making the other Elders in my district so jealous eating brownies and drawing in coloring books! We had a chips and queso party the other day, it was a real FIESTA! Thank thank you a million thank you's to my wonderful aunt Kristen! Chips and queso is something like the elixar of life for missionaries. I want all you to know I am doing so well, physically now as well as emotionally. However, it might be worth it to break an arm or something if I could get some more attention :) (only kidding)
I love having so much time and opportunity to study the gospel (mom and dad you know i love that). The MTC is incredible for that reason. It's also difficult! Its a struggle to keep personal study from turning into nap time! Beleive it or not though, I don't feel that tired. There is something so exciting about about doing missionary work that is so difficult to explain, I think you just have to be there!
We teach our Maestros as progressing investigators a couple days out of the week. This is hard. We have, since the third day here, taught about nine lessons I think. At about lesson five, it clicked. They work so hard here at the MTC to make this a very realistic experience. We have had senarios ranging from super excited to learn about the gospel, to one of my maestros pretending to have just woken up from a nap and having really no desire to learn (seriously his impersonation was so funny I thought I was going to start laughing during our door contact). But in every experience the spirit is there, we know what we are teaching is true, and our teaching skills (and spanish) continue to improve every time we teach.
Tuesday I fly to Peru! I think dear elder still works, so if you want to catch me fast send me something that way. But, close friends who send me letters, you know who you are! Please continue to do so if you can, I know the time between responses is hard, but getting a hand written letter is like a breath of fresh air, I would love it if you would all continue writing me.
Times up, but lots of love and I'll talk to you next week.
con mucho amor
Elder Neff

No comments: